|Solid in action|
- In June 2011 Koen Breemersch returned from Ayacucho after living there for one year and working for Solid. Here you can read his travel report.
- Since 2009 Solid works together with AS Adventure. They have created the generic brand “Ayacucho”, of which a part of the incomings go to the housing project of Solid. Thanks to the sale of this collection, we have received a donation of no less than 50.000 EUR! Click here for more information on AS Adventure and the Ayacucho collection. As part of this cooperation 4 ambassadors and one journalist took of on a journey to Ayacucho where they visited the projects of Solid and to roll up their sleeves.
- In November 2010 one of our project managers visited the projects in India. She visited the project of the Domestic Workers Movement (DWM) in Chennai and Hyderabad and the project of the organization Unnayan in Mayurbhanji. Click on the cities to read the reports.
- In March 2010 two of our program managers visited the projects in Namibia. You can read the reports of the Mobile Clinic project and of the project on water and health care of the Red Cross.
- Avocados of Ayacucho have reached the Belgian supermarkets!!! To read more and see some pictures, click here.
- The ambition of Solid International to invest in socially responsible companies in Ayacucho has taken shape; take a look at the website of Solid Inversiones.
- In September of 2009 micro credit institution Makipura opened her offices in the city of Ayacucho to grant loans to rural and urban entrepreneurs who can't receive credits from traditional banks. Here you can read the annual report of Makipura of 2009.
- On May 30th of 2009, ViaVia Cafe Ayacucho was proud to celebrate its official opening! After working very hard the last couple of months, the doors of the restaurant and hotel will finally be opened to everybody!
- In April 2009 our program manager visited the project in Benin. Click here to read her report.